Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day Eighty-Five -- Too Bootylicious For Ya Babe...


So I haven’t posted in a few weeks huh?

I was ill for a while but then when I was feeling well enough to write, I felt daunted by a duty to properly recap all the time I had missed. Of course, the more I put that off, the more I had to catch up on. I never had a very good memory, so the longer I put it off, the harder I knew it would become.

So today I decided to say “screw all of that” and just write about today. Today I went to see a taping of The Talk with my mother-in-law. It was a pretty good show. Wayne Brady sat in as a cohost for the entire show and he was pretty funny. The guests were Angela Bassett, Diane Ladd, and some guy from some gossip show/site who spent his whole segment talking about Tiger Woods… meh.

The really cool part was at the end. We wound up there during a day they were showcasing beauty products. Of course, that means we got a load of free stuff! We got a $100 gift certificate to a place that makes personalized products (this was actually not a part of the beauty segment but for Easter baskets they showed earlier in the show). We got a two-season subscription to fabfitfun.com (at least $200 worth of stuff), also a Coolway flat iron starter kit that is worth about $130 (with shipping and tax I’d have to pay, worth over $150). That was awesome because the last flat iron I bought was probably 20 bucks. I know it was less than 30.  I can’t wait to use it. Maybe I will tomorrow…

Here’s a list of the other products we got:
Hair care products from ColorProof: Shampoo, conditioner, leave-in smoothing treatment and shine treatment oil estimated at about $100 for the set, maybe more, I’m just guessing from what I saw on Amazon. The retail price is probably more.

Murad Advanced Active Radiance Serum $89
StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment $109
Oil Free Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 | PA+++  $32

Too Faced Products:
Boudoir Eyes Shadow Collection $36
Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer $30
3*Way Lash Lining Tool $22 (this stuff is awesome)
Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer $20

All in all, that adds up to more than $888 worth of stuff just for sitting through a talk show. That’s pretty awesome. On the one hand, I’m glad the guys didn’t come because they would’ve been disappointed in getting nothing but girly stuff, but on the other hand, that would’ve meant double stuff for the ladies, like the last time we went.

Don't whine about my wine lips

The rest of the day wasn’t so hot. I’m having um, monthly issues that have me feeling drained and a little blah. So Rob took me out to Starbucks for iced tea with a quick stop at CVS for some medicine, i.e. chocolate and a lip gloss to make me feel pretty. Just kidding, I bought it because I *needed* it. Seriously, I did. I needed a wine colored lip gloss because I only have red, nude and fuchsia. That reminds me, I need a pink one now.



So there you have it. That was today. I’ll get back to my daily posts now. Maybe on days that I don’t have much to talk about, I’ll try to remember some of the days I didn’t get to talk about, like the time we went to go see Rachel Maddow speak. That was an awesome night!

No comments:

Post a Comment