Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day fifty-one -- Give Me Down To There Hair


Sooo…. 1:30 am is a reasonable hour isn’t it? Because that’s when I got to bed last night. I got side-tracked by a Facebook page that had hundreds of great Muse pictures. I found one that I’m using as my cover picture. It looks like they are all looking down at my profile picture. Awesome!

Me in my twisties
Today I was perusing YouTube watching natural hair videos and I found a couple of tubers that looked like they have similar hair texture to mine, which is cool because the ones I had been following before, their hair is so long and gorgeous that I sometimes despair  that my hair will never be anything like that. I’m kinda cool with that though, because I do pretty fun things with my hair with the colors and the few styling tricks that I know. Oh, and the hair scarves; I like those a lot. I discovered that there are several things that I absolutely MUST add to my arsenal. There’s Curlformers, for when I want big bouncy curls and to stretch my hair without the use of heat. I learned that this curl activator gel that I have is part of a line of products, a few of which I would like to try… Who am I kidding? If I could afford it, I’d try it all. Actually, they are so affordable that I’m sure eventually I will try them all. Curlformers, on the other hand, are expensive as fizzuck. It might take me quite a while to get all I need.  Lastly, I’d like to try this brush called the tangle teaser. It’s supposed to be really great at detangling natural hair. I’ve seen quite a few videos with different hair textures and everyone seems to like it a lot. Some even call it a miracle worker.

For now, I have put my hair up in little twists as a protective style. I think I’ll probably wear it like this for at least a week or so, just to give my hair a bit of a rest. In the meantime, I’ll probably be wearing scarves and hats, or just wear it as is if it’s not too cold out. 

2 comments:

  1. Just say no to the tangle teaser! I used it and although it works great, I notices splits down the middle of the shaft of my hair. I also saw a ton of split ends - I'm talking multi-splits which I didn't even know existed. My hair is still recovering. smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's crazy! I'm thinking about getting braids for a while.

      Delete