Friday, February 22, 2013

Day Fifty-Three -- In The Light You Will Find The Road*


So the day started out lovely. Rob woke me up with a kiss before leaving to work. He does this every single morning but I don’t always wake up for it. Today was extra awesome because after, well, in between kisses, he informed me that he went to Starbucks and I have a cup of Blonde Roast waiting for me! (COFFEE!!!) I told him to put it in the fridge and I went back to sleep for a bit. When I woke back up is when things took a turn for the worse.
When I got up to reheat my coffee, a wave of nausea came over me and stayed with me all morning until the afternoon when I was finally not nauseous enough to eat something. It’s like I would get nauseous, it would ease up a bit and then I’d think about eating something and at that point, it would rise up again. Ugh.

The rest of the day was spent trying to complete my to-do list between bouts of nausea. I got 6 out of 11 things done. The eleventh item was added so that I can have another thing to check off, to be honest. Most things weren’t dire anyway so I’m fine with that. We had a baby shower to go to that night and so I made a recipe that I found called Pecan Pretzel delights, but after seeing the price of pecan halves, I decided to make Walnut Pretzel delights.  When we got to the party, they were a big hit. I think this is going to be my potluck dish of the year. A couple of years ago it was the acorns, basically Hershey’s kisses, chocolate-glued to bite-sized nutterbutters with a chocolate chip, chocolate-glued to the other end. They were very cute and very tasty. Everyone loved them. The Whatever-nut Pretzel Delights are much faster and neater even. I take small, traditional-shaped pretzels, place them on a parchment covered cookie sheet, put a Rolo on top of that and place it in a 360 degree oven for about 3 minutes. When I take them out of the oven, I smush a nut down onto the softened Rolo and voila! A tasty treat!

The baby shower was awesome! We got to see friends that we haven’t seen in a long time, had great conversations ate very interesting, tasty food and we did a ritual to bestow blessings upon the baby. I was so happy to take part in that. The parents were so in love with their new adopted baby. They are going to make great parents. They were also surrounded by a wonderfully loving extended family of friends. A very lucky baby indeed!

Unfortunately, we forgot to bring good coats so Rob and I were freezing on the way home. And we come full circle as, on the way home, the nausea crept up again. I am going to put a trashcan by the bed so I won’t have a repeat of what happened a couple of weeks ago.  


*The one of the baby's names means "light"

No comments:

Post a Comment