Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day Thirty-Eight -- Jai Guru Deva. Om


So this is what’s up.

There is a belly dance class going on just down the street for $120 for 8 weeks (one class per week). I think it would be fun, and it’s about time I went out and did something non-jewelry related that I know I would enjoy. And above all, it’s more exercise and the best exercise is that which is fun to take part in. I just need to be able to raise the money to go to it. Which means that I would have to have better sales than usual on Saturday so that I can pay for it while still having enough to pay back my generous benefactor, for without whom, I would not have the permanent booth this year at the Silver Lake Art, Craft and Vintage Market. She is an awesome person and not just for lending me the money. I haven’t mentioned her by name because I wouldn't want people to start wagging their open hands at her thinking that she throws money around everywhere. The transaction was well thought out and I plan to pay her back as soon as possible. Did I mention that she is awesome? Anyway, so, that’s just something I want to put out in the Universe, I’d really like to take that belly dance class.

Well, that’s it for today. It’s late and I have a lot of last minute prep for the market tomorrow. I thought I’d stay up late and do some tonight, but I’m really not feeling it. 

Since this was a short one, here’s a picture for your viewing pleasure:
I'm assuming that lumpy bit is it's face...
 This is Nembrotha cristata, a colourful sea-slug found in the tropical Indo-West Pacific Ocean. They grow to about 50mm in length and have black bodies with a strange luminous green "trim".

Like most nudibranches, they deliver a painful string. They do not produce the stinging cells themselves but incorporate them into their own tissues from their prey, stinging jellyfish.

Thanks to the I Fucking Love Science page on Facebook for that fabulous photo and info! (It turns out that the moderator of the page is obsessed with nudibranches. I, however, just think the name is funny:-D Oh, and excuse the spelling of "colourful". I think she's British. )

P.S. You are freaking AWESOME if you know what song the lyrics in this post's title is from. Or you're kinda neat if you bothered to Google it to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment