Friday, February 8, 2013

Day Thirty-Nine -- And I Don't Need An Excuse, 'cause I'm Wearing My Brand New Shoes.


Tonight is going to be really short. I almost forgot to post tonight. Well, not exactly. I’ve been thinking about it, but I’ve also been so busy, kinda, preparing for tomorrow’s Silver Lake Market that I just kept putting it off.  Most of the evening has been busy doing a bit of shopping. I have a tea party to go to and Rob, me and his mom, went to a few places to find fancy hats for the tea party. Not one for Rob, of course. He’s not invited. It’s an all-girls/women thing. So Rob’s mom and I are going and it’s being hosted by Rob’s aunt and her daughters. I’m looking forward to it. We went to one before and it was pretty neat and fun to dress up for something. We went to Goodwill first, and found no hats but I got a (men's) jacket for $4.50 and I looked at its original tag that was in one of the pockets (I’m pretty sure it was a new jacket) and the original price was $75. I say that was a good deal and it’s pretty warm.  It’s been so cold lately, that I wanted to make sure that I don’t freeze my butt off tomorrow. So I’m going to wear more layers than found in a flaky biscuit!

After Goodwill, we went to Ross. There, I found a cute hat, nice shoes and a Sharper Image mandolin for ten bucks! I have wanted one of those forever but they usually cost too much. Rob bought himself a set of clippers for his beard and a pair of headphones, the big puffy kind that sit on the outside of the ears. They are pretty neat, but Rob spent most of the rest of the evening singing punk music rather loudly and I was having to text him to get his attention. His alerts vibrate so I knew he would feel it, because he certainly wasn’t hearing me yelling.

I’m going to end here because I need to go back to packing a few last minute things. I’m pretty nervous but then, I always am. I’m glad the weekend is here but at the same time, I can’t wait until tomorrow is over. Isn’t that weird? I love the opportunity to sell my wares but it’s also stressful because I want everyone to love everything and buy everything. It’s also almost like I’m putting myself up for show so I have to be presentable and be more comfortable “selling” myself and my work. I’m sure it’ll get easier the more that I do it.

Okay, so that was a bit longer than I thought, but most of my post are pretty stream-of-consciousness so that’s bound to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment