Monday, February 18, 2013

Day Forty-Nine -- You can do magic


Today was a rather nice day. It started pretty late as it was after 4am that I went to bed the night before. We went to the IHOP in Fallbrook for breakfast/lunch/whatever. It was pretty good and fun to be out. Before going home, I took a quick spin around Trader Joes. I wish I had more money on me but I did get a couple of things I needed… and a bag of TJ’s World’s Puffiest White Cheddar Corn Puffs that I didn’t need. :-D

Later today we went to my mom’s place to pick up a few things. Rob’s coworker picked up a treadmill that my mom was giving away and we grabbed my old bike so that Rob can start using it for going to work. I brought my bag of corn puffs because I knew my mom would like them. Who knew she’d go after them like it was crack. We also got some chicken wings and watched Hubris on MSNBC. While Rob and my mom went to go get the wings, I went into my mom’s workout room to mess with stuff. She has a big hoop and I put it together to try it out. Man I am bad at hula hooping. But then, I’ve always been bad at it. I don’t know why and now the whole hooping trend is going on and it looks fun and like something I’d like to try, but I could hardly get the thing to rotate once before falling to the ground. Maybe one day I’ll borrow it from my mom and really practice with it to see if I can get good. There are plenty of videos online I can watch for tips and stuff.

One thing I did borrow from her is this thing called a Magic Circle by Danskin Now. Apparently, it’s some kind of pilates prop but I think it’ll help a lot with some exercises I need to do. Especially the ones for my inner thigh muscles that are supposed to eventually help my knees. There’s even exercises printed on it for ideas of how to use it, but I’m creative enough to figure it out on my own. I also borrowed some Tazo Tea but she doesn’t know about that… hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment