Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day Fifteen -- A Bowl Full of "Goulash" Then Back To Work


This is tonight’s dinner.


Rob, upon seeing the picture: I remember that one! 
Me: No you don't.
Rob: Yes I do, it was good.
Me: I made it just now.
Rob: Oh... Well, it looks like something you made before.
Me: ::facepalm::














I show this picture because it was freaking awesome. And even though at this point, I haven't eaten any of it, I know this because I had it the night before, well, minus one thing…

It looks like some kind of Indian dish but it’s not. One ingredient I guess you could say is Indian. What I did was boil some chicken tenderloins with this Mediterranean style vegetable mix from Ralphs. Once done, I put it on a bed of Basmati rice (the Indian ingredient, also, the ingredient missing from the night before). Then I heated up some Tomato Basil Bisque from Vons (also awesome over potatoes) and poured some of it over all, just enough to coat it well but not to be too soupy. My sister would call it “Goulash”. She called everything I ever made that was remotely stew-like, “Goulash”. She also called my Barley Casserole, “Oatmeal stew” which is funny because it wasn’t particularly stew-like at all… but that’s a recipe for a different night.

So I got myself a cup of coffee tonight, sorry, Rob got it for me. I plan on staying up pretty late and actually getting some work done since I’ve been so dysfunctional the past several days. Really though, it’s just been too cold for my brain to work right… and the pharmaceuticals of course. I decided to try to tough out any pain today and just stick with the muscle relaxer but forego the Norco. Hopefully that’s going to help quite a bit. The sad thing is that it’s already 9:30 as I type this and I haven’t gotten anything done today. Hell, I don’t know what the fuck I did today. Yes, I cursed. It’s been that damn frustrating. Though I must admit that that is nowhere near the entirety of the tip of the iceberg that represents the amount of foul language I use on a daily basis :-D …but I digress.

 I think I was foolish enough to think that I’d just have a bit of pain for a couple of days and then be just fine. On top of that, when I haven’t been too sleepy to do anything, we've been on errands or going off on another trip to urgent care, or in the case of today, going for follow-up blood tests and shopping for bland food for Rob, including the previously mentioned Basmati rice. I actually got up early, like WAY early, today, after a night of having a hard time getting to sleep. After going to the bathroom at 6 in the morning and feeling wide awake after I got back in bed, I said screw it, I’m going to get up and do stuff.  My desk chair is right next to a window so I was sitting there and even though the window is closed, cold oozed out and engulfed me like creeping death. I stayed alert enough to make some future business purchases decisions, but next thing I knew, it was already 9. The time seemed to have gone by so fast and I felt like I got nothing done. I was also freezing my butt off. So I crawled back into bed and blasted a hair dryer under the covers for a bit. Then I hastily fell asleep to wake back up at 11.

So, tonight, I’m going to foolishly try to make up for the past week of deficit in the productivity department.  I know, I’ll probably only put a small dent into it. But if I get anything at all done, I’ll be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment