Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day Twenty-two -- Purple Haze All In My Brain... Well, Close Enough.


So, I did it. I have purple hair. Unfortunately, I waited too late to take pictures, so I don’t have any nice pictures to share right now. I will describe it though. It’s a little dark (hell, it’s seriously dark!) for my taste but as the day went on and I played with it a bit, I decided that I like it. I wonder what it will look like when it fades a bit. I also wonder how it would look if I had lightened my hair more first. I might try that one day.

At this point, I would like Kanye West to interrupt my blog by saying, “I’m happy for you and your purple hair and I’mma let you finish, but I have to say that if I hear one more news story or comment about Beyoncé lip-syncing the National Anthem, well, I’m just gonna flip the fuck out!” And to him I would say, “Preach on brotha!” I mean, who cares and why is this news or a big deal to anyone (except maybe Ashlee Simpson lol)?

Okay, now that I’ve got that out of my system (kinda, sorta), I decided that I have to get out of here tomorrow. I think I’m going to take some work to Starbucks to do some work there, or maybe the library. I need to air out my brain a bit and the walk there should do that and I definitely need a change of scenery. I also have to get into Valentine’s Day mode and also work on those spring Pantone colors. I’m pretty excited about those. Though now I realize that I haven’t spoken about that on this particular blog. For those who don’t know, Pantone puts out a color forecast for Spring and Fall of the colors that are going to be prominent in fashion and such. Each season, I try to make jewelry using all of the colors of the forecast for that season. This time, I want to try to get them done before the season actually starts. I have just about 2 months before spring starts so that should give me plenty of time.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the purple hair Friday. I have the advantage of I don't have to wait for pictures if you don't get them done by then, lol!

    I can relate to fleeing the premises. As soon as I get this comment done and schedule my posts, I am going up to my new Sanctuary (that you and Liz helped cleanse - did I say 'thank you'? I can't say it enough!) and write an article on stones and their healing properties. I was going to do to it Monday to generate interest for the earcuff I renewed on Etsy, but decided to do the list of my favorite vendors from the bead show instead. As it turns out, I put that earcuff up last night, so now the timing works out pretty well if I get that accompanying article up today.

    Oh squee! A Pantone fashion color spring report? Awesome! I see other jewelry designers put up their links to these things and keep forgetting to check one out myself. I'm gonna go look for other companies color reports sometime today, too.

    I like the Linen, Monaco Blue, Poppy Red and Nectarine together as a set and the Emerald, Dusk Blue and Grayed Jade as another set, but I don't like the Lemon or Tender Shoots in there. They don't seem to match with anything else. That may just me.

    Catcha later, hon =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your sanctuary and I hope you get great use out of it for as long as you can. I have friends who, when they got their new house, turned their garage into a temple. it looked great and had great energy. I'd be really happy just with a larger work area.

      I really like these colors. I can see Tender Shoots being an accent color in a piece with Monaco Blue as the main color. I never thought to look up other companies' color reports, but I didn't know others had them. All I ever hear about is Pantone. I do have to say that the way that they have the colors lined up at isn't the best showcase for those colors as each color is affected by the colors that border it. and they should've mixed the darker colors throughout instead of just at the end for more contrast.

      That being said, I believe I have all of those colors already in one form or another and I can't wait to start experimenting. :-D

      Delete