Friday, January 4, 2013

Day Four -- Introducing: Sissyboo.


Tonight’s blog is going to be kept short because I’m having stomach issues. Speaking of that, I ought to introduce you all to Sissyboo. Sissyboo is me, when I’m having stomach issues. One day, quite a few years ago, my stomach was upset, as it is today and Rob asked me if there was anything he could do to help. Out of the blue, I said, “You can rub my belly and call me ‘Sissyboo’.” (I don’t even know what strange nook or cranny of my mind that came from) He did and the term stuck! So on days like today, I’ll lie down and Rob will rub my belly and say “Awww, I love you Sissybooo…”  It actually does help a bit. SO today I’m having a Sissyboo moment so I’ll try not to linger even though most of the time taken here will be due to editing pictures…

Of my new hat!


 I thought I might be done by tomorrow, but I was done by just after noon, and that was only because of how many times I had unravel it to get it how I wanted it to be. Actually, last night I got up to the green band. I went to bed around 3, even though I said I wasn’t going to do that anymore. Old habits die hard. Though this time, I got up shortly after Rob left for work, so I’m guessing about 7:30 am and I felt just fine. I grabbed the hat and realized that it was WAY too big. So I unraveled it to the crown, I guess that’s what you call the flat top part, and got rid of the last ring so that it would have a smaller diameter. I had to wing it after that because the stitch count would be off for the rest of the hat. I also added another two rows, one single crochet, one double, because I wanted the hat to be less shallow.  No worries though. I managed it just fine. I’m a Crochet Goddess, remember? So now I have a really cool hat that everyone so far likes.

Rob modeling the hat
Well, I’m gonna go because sleep is trying to catch up to me, but mainly, Sissyboo wants to lie down. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the hat. I am envious because I always wanted to learn how to crotchet but I think I am missing some gene that allows me to learn how to crotchet. And Sissyboo sounds like you. :)

    ReplyDelete