Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day Twenty-Seven -- Baby You Can Drive My Car


So Rob and I had a conversation today. It was more like a mini-rant on my part. I was telling him about how it bugs me when people say that people in L.A. can’t drive, as if it’s a defect resulting from being born here. I call shenanigans because most people in LA are from somewhere else. Basically, the problem is, a bunch of people from all over the world converging on LA’s freeways and streets, all with different styles of driving based on where they are from, and these different styles just don’t merge well. No pun intended… until I recognized that it was a pun and then it was definitely intended.

So my morning was spent, in pain, all my joints practically. It was horrible. Still I tried to soldier on, sorting some beads that had come out of their containers. Then I remembered my musical therapy. Good music will usually help me through all sorts of pains and issues. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon at my work table making a necklace for Rob’s second cousin? I think that’s what it’s called. She’s the daughter of his cousin.

Once I was done with the necklace, which was very pretty btw, we went to her sweet 16 party at Rob’s aunt’s house. We got to see a bunch of his family that we don’t get to see often, as well as others who we see a bit more frequently. It was pretty fun but I came home so tired. I am still very achy. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the medication I take may be responsible for my pains. I’m just going to end here and go to bed. I have a very busy week to be ready for!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you were hurting yesterday, hon. Much and many hugs! And you are so right about crazy drivers coming from everywhere else. I'll bet every city in the country says their drivers are crazy, too. Tell Rob I'm siding with you on this one, lol!

    Did Rob tell you we saw him yesterday? I went to meet Madwoman (aka Liz) at the Subway near our houses. It was FREAKIN' POURING rain, so we hid in there a while, eating lunch until there was a break in the rain to run back to the car. She beaded like, well, a madwoman, all night while we podcasted (I still don't know how she does that) and through episodes of Shin Chan and Father Ted (YES, I found my DVDs!!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Rob was on my side as well, he agreed with my argument. As for hurting, I'm pretty much hurting everyday, some days are just worse than others.

      Rob didn't tell me he saw you but then I was busy trying to whip together the necklace for his cousin's birthday and then getting ready for the party. I take it Liz finished her most recent road work bracelet.

      Delete
  2. She did finish and we put it up in the Etsy store, mentioned it on the podcast (which is playing right now) and put pics up in our show notes. You can see it (and the store) at http://www.etsy.com/shop/KCDragonfly . Hope you don't mind the link here. If you do, go ahead and axe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all. :-D Though I find it weird that it doesn't show up as a hyperlink. I wonder if there's something I can fix that will do that. Speaking of links, it would be cool if you put the link to the podcast on my FB page so I can catch it when I'm able.

      Delete