Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day Thirty -- All The Small Things


Okay so I had written this nice two paragraph blog entry but the whole thing is about selling jewelry and what I’m going to do with my booth this coming year and blah, blah, blah, yackity smackity. I decided that it all needed to go to my Ooh! Shiny! blog and I also needed to write something else here. I feel like this blog should be more personal, but at the same time, I wonder if people can handle that. People don’t always feel comfortable reading about other people’s emotions unless they are over the moon happy, and even then, they feel envious and despise them… “why is that bitch so damn happy?” pops up in their head.  Also, if I wrote often about how much pain I am in when I wake up every morning, that wouldn't be good either. I don’t want to be pitied for it or feel ashamed because “Why is she so sick all the time? Why isn’t she taking better care of her health?” regardless of the fact that I just spent the past year losing 80 pounds and eating well and all that. Some things can be a bit out of my hands.  Geez, now I’m starting to sound a bit angry huh?

I would like to say that even though the day started rather iffy, in the end, it was a pretty neat day. I had my last Optifast meeting, and I am glad to say that I have made another good friend in the process just as I did by the end of the last round. Now I have to use what I learned and see what I can do on my own. I have to see about getting off the medication that actually makes me gain weight. It’s a horrible joke to play on diabetics… telling them that they need to lose weight and then putting them on medications that make them gain. It’s made the weight loss fight a bit harder than it needed to be. I didn't do as well this time as I did last time. First, a major challenge was that the sweltering summer made it harder to exercise as much as I did earlier in the year. Continuing an exercise program is easy. Starting one is very hard. It was also made harder because of a couple of health issues that popped up and injuries that made my mobility more challenging. I still have some issues with food, such as hating having to think about it and going a day without eating just so I don’t have to deal with it. But I’m getting better at that. It’s definitely going to be a “one day at a time” sort of thing. Having an exercise buddy would be a big help. Unfortunately, like in most things, I’m going to have to go at it alone.

Okay, so that went a bit more personal than I had planned. I didn't even go on about why today was so neat. Okay, since it’s late, I’ll give the brief summary. I got a pre-paid for commission finished and I sold some more bracelets at my Optifast class. It will help me pay for a new table for my booth and get some more supplies that I need. Then Rob and I went to The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf to get their free anniversary coffee. We sat there enjoying our coffees and talking and goofing off the way we do. It was a really nice evening. Sometimes it’s the small things that make a day nice. I really loved that I married someone who is such a good friend… and as big a goofball as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment