Monday, January 28, 2013

Day Twenty-Eight -- Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String


Okay so, very cool day today. So far at least, I’ve decided to try typing a bit through the day and then putting it all together and editing it for the blog in the evening.  So back to the cool day… first thing this morning, I wake up with this idea in my head for a scarf pin made of wire and bead. It was cool because I remember waking up in the very early morning with the image/idea in my head but I fell back asleep but when I woke up again, it was still there. Hours later, after cleaning the turtle tank and doing other things through the day, I still had it so I just drew it on paper. Looking at it, I realize that it could also adapt it as a hair um, thingy. I don’t remember what they call those things where you twist your hair, put this cover thing on it and then push a stick through two holes to hold it to your hair. If anyone can remember the name of it, or even if you just have your own name for it, please tell me in the comments below. Until then, it’s “hair thingy”.

There have been things that I’ve been waiting to get in the mail. A few prescription refills, some beads I ordered over TWO weeks ago, and something I forgot all about even though I ordered it less than 5 days ago. That is the thing that came in the mail today and I’m very excited about it! My Seche products came! Seche means dry in French. The first product of theirs I bought was their Seche Vite top coat. It makes nail polish dry fast… super-fast! It works WAY better than Out The Door, but then, I think that OTD changed their formula or something because I remember it working better last time I had some, and now… meh. Anyway, back to my Seche stuff. One of the things I got was Seche Restore, it is a “thinner” for Seche Vite. SV dries quickly so Restore just adds the ingredients to it that evaporates out of it. I tried to use it on my old bottle of SV but the bottle top of it was a bit loose and I noticed that it had a lot less in it than the last time I tried to use it. I tried putting some Restore in it but I fear it’s too late for my old bottle. This is not a problem though because I also just got a Seche Vite Professional Kit.

This has a regular size bottle of SV, 0.5 oz., as well as a 4oz. refill bottle! So basically I have the equivalent of 9 bottles of SV for the cost of two regular 0.5 oz. bottles if I were to get them at Sally’s or another beauty supply store. I’m not running out of this stuff for quite a long time! I will, unless I get a wild hair and decide to change my nail color every other day. Even then, I’ll probably have this stuff a couple of years before needing more.  The last treat in this package is a bottle of Seche Rebuild. Hopefully this stuff will help build my nail strength so that they won’t break or tear so easily anymore. I read a LOT of reviews for this stuff and I have great hopes for it. There really isn’t any reason you can’t get plenty of reviews when buying things today for an informed decision.

I got a letter in the mail saying that it’s been a year since I got my glasses. Has it really? Wow. This time when I go to get my eyes checked, I’m going to tell them that I often have to take my glasses off when I work on my beadwork and does that mean I need bifocals. But maybe I should just try some magnifying lenses. I hope my prescription hasn't changed all that much because then I can get another pair of really cool glasses and switch it up depending on my mood. I know a woman who has a pair of glasses to go with almost every outfit. I’m not going to go that crazy though. Though I suppose I would if I could…

Tonight was also rather productive. We went to Starbucks where I tried the Blonde Roast coffee and I liked it very much. I even drank some of it after it had cooled down quite a bit without gagging. That NEVER happens with most coffee. I got two bracelets finished faster than usual, I think because my base beads were 6s instead of 8s. I have to remember that for the future. Oh, and just now, I came up with another design for hair thingies! Still don't know what to call them...

No comments:

Post a Comment