Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day Twenty-Six -- A Day In The Life


Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. Found my way downstairs and drank a cup and looking up, I noticed I was late!
Found my coat and grabbed my hat. Made the bus in seconds flat. Found my way upstairs and had a smoke and somebody spoke and I went into a dream

Wait a minute. That didn't happen to me! I need to stop channeling John Lennon. Hmm, how did my day start? Oh yeah. I got up, rather early considering I had gone to bed less than 5 hours beforehand.  I decided to work on some jewelry (spent way too much time on the computer, but for good reason in some cases) before going to the bead store in Newbury Park (ask me where that is and I’ll just give an ambiguous nod and say “that way”) I took care of some business and packed a few things for the road and finally got to Kristine’s after some delays. When Liz got there, we all got in the Baa-Van and went to Creative Castle, the bead store (there were a few other stops but that’s irrelevant to the blog.)

exterior of  Creative Castle
It was a nice place but I have to say that I liked The San Gabriel Bead Company (SGB from now on)  better, at least for what I wanted. This place had a lot of pretty vintage beads, but that was not what I was looking for. For the kind of seed beads that I use for the main project I’m working on now, I get a LOT more for the money at SGB. Nonetheless, I was happy to find something that I didn't know that I was looking for. Earlier this month, I was trying to make some earrings and I just wasn’t feeling it. Something was missing. I believe I’ve found it at CC. I found glass spacer beads that are like the neat metal spacer beads but in cool colors. I thought some were rather pricey but I did find some that worked for me. I can’t wait to use them. I bought a couple little baggies of black seed beads only because I needed them now and also some Magatamas (a neat type of bead) because I want to see what I can do with them. My bag was sadly tiny, especially for the amount of money I spent,  but that’s okay. At least now I know what’s out there and have an idea of what I should plan on getting if I ever go there again. I should say, the next time I go there, because I’m sure Kristine will invite me again and 1. I can’t resist beads, even if I’m just looking at them, and 2. Car rides with Kristine and Liz are pretty fun. So even if I didn't need anything, I’d probably go along for the ride. BTW, CC had a lot of tools and books there that I definitely have to check out the next time I go. All in all, if I’m going to be completely honest, I’ll say that the place was nice but I wouldn't shop there for the type of seed beads I was looking for. Damn, I feel like this should be on my Ooh, Shiny! blog. Maybe I’ll link to it one day soon. I have to catch up with that page.

Lastly, I know those of you who read this are wondering, “Hey, where are these purple hair pictures that we were promised?” Well, for some reason, for the life of me, I can’t get pictures to look how I want to lately. The coloring is wrong, the lighting is bad, it’s blurry… sometimes, and often, all of those in the same picture! So anyway, since I couldn't come up with a good pic of me, here’s one of me with a facial cream on my face while eating broccoli:
I figured that if my camera is going to INSIST on
taking bad pictures of me, I'd give it something
to really work with.

I hope you enjoyed that. Anyway, I’m off now, and remember: Feed your curiosity! Questions or topic suggestions are always welcome in the comments! 

Okay, seriously though, this is the best one, and it's blurry.  The cool thing about it though is
the AWESOME scarf that Liz made and gave to me because she thought it looked hot on me
AWESOME!
Comment below if you agree that it's awesome :-D
(or for whatever reason you choose.)

4 comments:

  1. I AGREE. BECAUSE I MADE THE SCARF. AND YOU LOOK HAWT IN IT. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you very much for the scarf and the comment! You rock!

      Delete
  2. Yes, there is hotness there. I can vouch for that as well!

    There has been many a time I have wanted to work on a project and the mojo wasn't there...or the beads weren't. I can't tell you how much I relate to that feeling.

    Glad you liked the Creative Castle trip despite it not being your seed bead mecca. You're right, SGBC has more stock, definitely. They have an INSANE amount of tubes on their walls and if I could get away with taking a picture of it all I would, but some places are twitchy about that. Mebbe I'll ask next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, I was thinking the same thing about how I would've loved to take pictures inside but I know some places get a bit iffy about it. Thanks for taking me!

      Delete