Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day Three: I'm a Crochet Goddess!


Tonight’s Blog is delayed, but only about an hour and a half because I couldn't get my pictures on the computer because my phone wasn't connecting (I love that I can wirelessly send things from my phone to my computer!) and then I discovered that they were blurry so I had to take new pictures.  Anyway, they're done so now I get to share some cool pictures.

So, most of today was uneventful, which was cool. I discovered that going to bed at 1 am wasn't much better than going to bed at 3. Either that, or my bed is evil. I’m kinda leaning towards the latter these days, especially because of how I feel when I get up in the morning. If you are wondering if I got to my to-do list today, I haven’t even looked at it. I did meditate longer today, just because the first guided meditation I decided to try didn't help one bit. It got a bit weird and I kept zoning out at the exact same moment and rewinding to try to make it through. I had to give up on it after a bit. It kinda reminded me of the time I rode the It’s a Small World ride at Disneyland. I went into some weird trance and didn't remember most of the ride by the time I snapped out of it. Hmm, that ride might have to go on the “evil” list… but I digress. After a short search, I found this one thing where it’s just weird noises and is supposed to subliminally, or something, work on your pineal gland, whatever that’s for. It was 15 minutes long and I came out of it feeling very relaxed which is a good thing. It wasn't guided so I didn't feel so bad about my mind wandering. Wow, epiphany: maybe I should forget about the guided meditations and just do stuff like the weird noise stuff.  Gee, this blog is being helpful already!

Around 3 today, I texted Rob, asking if he wanted to go to Starbucks after he got off work. I got a resounding “Hell yes!” So that’s what we did. I thought about bringing some beading to work on, but instead opted to finish the belt that I was crocheting for my mom.  Well, I finished it and it turned out AWESOME! It’s probably the first non-scarf/blanket-like thing I've ever made. I know my mom is going to love it!
Full Belt
Lacing detail
 Now with more confidence in my crocheting skills, I started a hat before we left Starbucks. It’s a pattern that I found online.  I think I might be finished with it in a day or so, depending on how much time I devote to it tomorrow. Whether finished or not, I’ll show pics of my progress tomorrow night.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's going along a lot faster than I expected. It should be done within an hour :-D

      Delete
  2. That belt looks familiar! And awesome, by the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is awesome! Your mom is going to love it for sure. You are a Goddess, period.

    ReplyDelete