Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NOT a New Year's Resolution... But Something.


I was sitting here at my desk thinking about blogs and New Year’s challenges and random stuff like that. Then this came to mind: I wonder what would happen if I challenged myself to do a personal blog entry every day this year. Maybe I’ll start today. Okay, I’ll start today. I know myself though and while I’ll try to do it every day, I’ll be happy if I make it a few times a week. But if I end up skipping more than a week between entries, well, I’ll just have to spank myself or something.  Volunteers can inquire in the comments. ::She says, only half-jokingly::

On first thought, I was thinking that not enough happens in my life to make doing a daily blog worthwhile or interesting. Then I thought. Maybe my real goal should be to make every day something to blog about. Can I manage that? I’ll sure try. I’m not going to go be a ninja, a big game hunter or a tightrope walker or anything like that but I will try to take more risks and do more of what I want to do other than second guessing myself all the time or doing what I think is expected of me. 

…okay, maybe I’ll do a *little* ninja-ing. We’ll see.

Ready to ninja at a moment's notice...

No comments:

Post a Comment