Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day Six -- Earring Fail!


So I found this picture of a pair of earrings. I thought they were pretty so I wanted to make something similar. I've been working on it most of the day trying to figure out the best thread path and this is what I came up with:


I was going to try to not have beads invade this blog so soon and I suppose this should go on my Ooh Shiny! blog, but since it took a nice chunk of my day it’s going here. Frankly, I  am not very pleased with how it turned out. The pattern is great, but I’m not happy with the colors nor the way it lays. Sad to say, I’m going to have to take it apart. This was totally a spur of the moment thing and so I’m not TOO disappointed. That being said, I would've loved for what I worked on all day to have not been such a fail. It was definitely a learning experience. Now I know what I have to do. Next time I work on it, I’m going to have to take more time out in picking out the colors and size of the larger beads. I think they are a bit too big for the design. In the meantime, I’m going to work on something else that I've been meaning to get to. Hopefully it’ll be a quick little project...

So I paused writing this to work on that "quick little project". Apparently, I've forgotten how to do it since it’s been so long.  So on to the next project. I probably won’t get anything else started tonight since it’s kinda late and Rob and I have been enjoying episodes of Warehouse 13 all afternoon/evening. But I’m planning tomorrow to put on an audio-book and dive deep into some beads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment