Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day Twenty -- Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before


So despite being knocked off my ass by the bead show yesterday… we went again today (I'm mayor now lol). I didn't buy anything there but a (outrageously tiny) brownie, a girl’s gotta eat sometime, but I did get to check out a Precious Metal Clay demonstration. It’s a lot less complicated than I thought and I can’t wait to get elbow deep in that stuff! Figuratively of course for there is no way that I can afford being actually elbow deep in it. I know Rob is very interested in it as well. I also noticed a few things that I didn't notice yesterday and I got a lot of cards and put my name down on a couple mailing lists.

After the bead show, we went to San Gabriel Bead Company which I had never been to before. Unfortunately, we got there around 20 minutes before closing so I didn't get the chance to peruse the merchandise like I would have liked to, but I did get nine tubes of seed beads. If I had more money, I would probably need a back brace to carry it all. Nah, I’m a bit more frugal than that, but I would've loved to get more colors. The beads look like a very good quality, (I haven’t opened them yet but the tubes are clear and they look excellent). I can’t wait to work with them. I’ll probably start tomorrow. It’ll give me something to do while Rob is at the doctor’s office. I really want to get back in the swing of things and I think my recent purchases are just the things I need to do it. I can’t wait. But then, I said that before didn't I? I should quit before I get too redundant.

Crap, I realized that I forgot to take pics of stuff I bought yesterday. Okay, here's one of SOME of it, taken on the fly.
Ooh! Shiny!!  ...wait, that's my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment