Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day Thirteen -- Sleepless Night at Urgent Care


Okay so I am getting this blog entry in a bit late but with good reason. I’m going to still count it as the entry for the 13th though, especially under the circumstances of the day…

First of all, I couldn’t sleep last night. In fact, I’ve been awake now for at least 40 hours. Anyone who knows me, knows I’m frequently up very late very often but that’s because I like being up late, never, well hardly ever because I can’t sleep. Whenever I decide to go to bed, I don’t have a problem falling asleep. Not last night though. Around 6 I thought maybe I was feeling sleepy but not really. After a while, I decided that there was no use in even trying to go to sleep.  All in all it was a rough day. I was trying to make jewelry and nothing was looking right to me, so I gave up on that, well, a couple times actually.

However, today’s excitement doesn’t really happen until later in the evening, and this is also why this blog entry is being posted so late. Rob had been feeling pretty bad for a while and I discovered that he spoke to his mom about taking him to urgent care. He almost didn’t want to go but I told him he had to go. He said I didn’t have to go but I did anyway. I’m glad I did because he was there for a very long time. They took blood and gave him a CT Scan. It turns out that he has diverticulitis. It’s something his brother also has. Luckily, it seems we caught it before it got too bad. He was able to come home tonight, with a couple prescriptions, of course, and he has to stay home for a couple of days. In a way, it’s sort of a blessing because he could really use the time off, and luckily as well, he has a lot of sick days available.


-->Rob, just after the CT scan and waiting on some paperwork so we can go home.


So now, without further ado, I’m going to go to bed because I am SOOOO sleepy and SOOOO cold! 

...and I can't concentrate anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment